Why call my child Humanae Vitae?
- Father will have to mention Humanae Vitae several times during the Mass when said baby is Baptised. That will be a first.
- People will talk about Humanae Vitae over tea and biscuits in the hall afterwards, which will make a pleasant change from their tales of sterilisation.
- Some people might decide they quite like Humanae Vitae after all.
Almost worth doing, except the reality would sadly go more like this:
- Most Catholics would be heard to say, "That's an unusual name, I've never heard it before"
- 90% of Catholics would ignore Humanae Vitae
- A few aging liberals will write to the Bishop objecting to Humanae Vitae, making wild accusations about him/her even though they have never actually met.
- The child will have to be referred to under a pseudonym like "Bob" or "Sally" in case their real name offends anyone.
- Humanae Vitae would end up being locked in some dark cupboard for over 40 years, in the hope that they will be forgotten about.