"The greatest persecution of the Church does not come from external enemies, but is born of sin within the church"-Pope Benedict xvi

Sunday 20 January 2013

Sunday Plus.

Is this the world's most dreary newsletter insert?
 

This is our parishes newsletter insert. Published by the Redemptorists, who brought us such heretical mushy  lovely books such as I Belong, the "preparation" text for first reconciliation/Holy Communion

I Belong has a bright cover and is available in our local CTS shop, it is used in many parishes, and several old ladies have said, "It is lovely!", so it must be good.




I couldn't help being nauseated uplifted by this week's prayer by Denis Mc Bride C.S.s.R, if you can't wait to get your own copy, it's the one with Gok Wan a nice young man on the page.
 
(Emphasis mine)
 
We bless you Lord, for continuing to believe in us, especially whe we find it difficult to believe in ourselves. We thank you for not fixing on our past failures but calling us to a new future. Amen.
 
Several old ladies have said this prayer is lovely. So self-affirming.
Is it just me, (and bear in mind, I carry an LMS membership card, so I am a Reactionary Traditionalist, but is this a prayer to ourselves? Are we Blessing God now?
 
Still, the magazine-style thought-for- the- day layout feeds the soul. Someone called Mary or Barbara will usually relate someting like, "I had a cup of tea the other day.It was fairtrade. And as I was drinking it, I pondered a Diety."
 
It is so heartening to know,that we can take respite from our shallow, secular, vale of tears with such uplifting nuggets of wisdom.
Thank you Redemptorists.
 
That reminds me, I need to put out my recycling bags.
 
 
 
 








 




No comments: