"The greatest persecution of the Church does not come from external enemies, but is born of sin within the church"-Pope Benedict xvi

Monday 5 April 2010

The joy of answered Prayer.

I've never been good at prayer. Maybe because I am a 21st century gal, used to instant gratifcation, broadband, bank machines,microwaves, and I expect instant gratification in my prayer life too. "Lord give it to me, and make it snappy". Not good. But then, did I really know who I was addressing?
Ok this was me, and sometimes still is, I'm afraid.
But here's what falling in love does. Just like sitting next to my husband on the sofa, with a cup of tea. There's no need for champagne and roses (although hubby, if you are reading this, yes, there is!) Just to be is enough.
Same with God. What a good and patient Father we have.
Have you ever experienced the joy of having a prayer answered after years and years and years? I did just recently. Its more than joy. Its that moment of feeling, of knowing that God has heard you. I mean, think about that. How much love is that, that an Almighty Eternal God, turns his gaze to you, and says, "I heard you." "I love you".
And with what confidence I turn to God with a renewed faith and trust that He hears me.
"I wait patiently for God to save me;
I depend on Him alone.
He alone protects and saves me;
He is my defender,
and I shall never be defeated"
Psalm 62 1-3
So all these years I thought my prayers were for someone else (and they were), when all this time, all these years my prayers were for me too, to know this. Such love O Jesus, such love.

No comments: