"The greatest persecution of the Church does not come from external enemies, but is born of sin within the church"-Pope Benedict xvi

Saturday 2 May 2009

Happy feast day to me.(for 29 April)(Well, St Catherine of Sienna)

Mum always used to tell me that St Catherine "told the Pope off".
I think she is a good patron for me-someone who doesn't take no for an answer. Don't know if I could live for years on herbs though, as Catherine is reported to have.

Managed to get to Mass, spent most of it as usual in the lady chapel, jiggling a noisy toddler. Did get to do the readings though. Plus Father announced, "Happy feast day", after Mass.
I remember now though why I don't go to weekday Mass with 3 small children. AKA The Pouter, The Wriggler, and The Explorer.

Then I met hubby for our usual Wednesday sandwich lunch, ate sitting in the car in a garden centre car park. Sounds very dull, but it is nice for me to see him in the middle of the day, and he gets to go out for his lunch break.

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Happy feast day! I love St Catherine of Siena, one of the few female Doctors of the Church. And how nice to have that lunch with your dh!